Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Waiting on baby

So I've been waiting for the "perfect" idea to help me start blogging again (even though I only blogged once ever), and it has yet to come. So here I go...

This past weekend, I had some hopes that we were possibly going to meet our little baby very soon...Apparently, I was just really sick, which caused some cramping/possible contractions for some 3+ hours in the middle of the night Saturday. Through this whole experience though, I do believe Nick and I are ready to have our baby with us...and soon!

I was reading a friend's blog today, and she is waiting for her husband to come home from Afghanistan this month, which I could never even begin to imagine how that would feel. I wouldn't have been able to let Nick leave to begin with. Can I also mention that she had a baby in January that her husband has yet to meet? It made me think how much being at the end of this pregnancy feels like our baby has been away for a long time, and we are waiting for him/her to return to us. And I know that we love this baby so much, and we have not even met each other yet! I can't imagine how much we can love our baby once he or she is here. But I'm also reminded that we love because God first loved us, and I am thankful for His love in all times that He gives us...even the ones where we are throwing up every 8-10 minutes for hours on end. But let's hope that was a random bad night, and that's not what real labor will be like for me.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda! I found your blog through facebook...you'll have to post pics of your baby when he/she comes so I can show Cort (and hopefully we can visit you guys sometime too!). also, I love your analogy comparing God loving us before we even knew Him to our love for our babies in utero!

    ReplyDelete