
Sorry for not posting in a while...it's been crazy with Nick starting back to school, I started in-service the week after, and today was my first real day (with kids) back at Parent's Day Out. Which, consequently, means it was Ellie's first day of school! I can't believe it! In a week, she will be 5 months old, and she's already going to school! Last week, she spent a little time in the nursery while I worked in my classroom, but for the most part, she still stayed with me. So today was her first day to stay in the nursery all day long! Let me just say, it was SOO hard to walk past the nursery and not go pick her up and play with her for a while! She looked so sad in there, which makes me sad. I know she likes the teachers, because she smiles at them all the time. But I think she just misses Mommy and Daddy! This was pretty evident when she reached out for both of us while Nick was holding her after school today. She was so happy to see us both! Seriously, she is the sweetest little girl in the world. She is my favorite! :)
So of course Grandma K had to come see her on her first day of school...

And here are some new things she's doing...She's started sitting up by herself...sort of...

Ellie loves spending time with Grandma K. Last time we went over to her house, we played piano together. It was so much fun! :)

She loves eating food! She has started eating baby food, and so far she likes squash, apples, pears, sweet potatoes, bananas, and LOVES carrots! If she's not eating or sleeping, she is rolling all over the floor. It's crazy to think that she used to lay still on a small blanket on the floor that was not much longer than she is. Recently we upgraded to a twin-sized comforter on the floor, but even that won't contain her any longer! She twists and rolls and turns all over the entire living room floor. I'm still not quite sure how she ends up in some places. Her new favorite spot is under the foot rest on Daddy's recliner. Somehow she always ends up there (close to Daddy).


She is so wonderful. We can't get enough of her every day. We are so blessed to have such an amazing little girl in our lives every day! I can't believe she's almost 5 months old!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment