Well, it's June 17, and my official due date for our newest addition to the family is July 2. Thankfully, I know that we will meet this baby girl in 10 days at the latest! My doctor has agreed to schedule an induction for June 27 if nothing happens sooner, which has made me incredibly happy! We've been ready to meet this little girl for a long time now.
The nursery is ready, but I will post pictures of that once the baby has arrived :) Ellie and her little sister (name still a secret) will share a room, which could be interesting. We have no idea how Ellie will react to the big changes, but we do know that she will be a loving big sister! Because she is not quite 15 months, she obviously has no real idea of what is about to happen in her life, but I think she knows something is happening. Lately, whenever she sees even a picture of a baby, she holds the picture to her chest and rocks it gently. I have no idea where she learned this, but it is adorable! We hope she's as sweet to her baby sister as she is to the pictures!
So since we have no more details about our new baby, I will share a few things Ellie has been up to lately. She loves her pink polka dot blankie and her Minnie Mouse (which is almost as big as she is). If she's not toting these 2 around, she's carrying her giraffe and an old Vera Bradley purse of mine. For some reason, these 2 are inseparable for her. And her 2 favorite things are reading and music. She often goes to the piano to sit on the bench with me or Daddy when we're playing. Of course this makes me extremely happy. And I have to admit, she sounds pretty good! There's no banging on the keys...She actually plays individual keys with different fingers. Quite impressive!

She seems so much older when she's dancing or reading, especially reading. The other day, I caught her in the corner with her giraffe, both covered up with a blanket, and she was reading to it. So if she's not reading to her stuffed animals, she's crawling into our laps with a book ready to read! Here's what I caught her doing at school back in May...

I'll finish by telling you how much of a blessing it has been to have Nick home for the summer! Ellie has grown so attached to her Daddy. There are days when she doesn't want me at all. All she wants is her "DaDa." In fact, she's stopped saying Mama altogether. It's always Dada. She follows him around the house and gets quite upset if he leaves. It will also be a blessing that he will have 5 weeks left of summer with our newest baby before he goes back to school in August!

She's already so "grown up," and ready to be a big sister! I can't wait to see how she reacts when we bring our second sweet girl home from the hospital! My next post should be the introduction of Baby #2 and our family of 4!!
No comments:
Post a Comment