Thursday, January 6, 2011

lots of things to update...make sure you read to the end

So I've slacked off a lot on the whole blogging thing. I just finished reading other friends' updates and posts, so I'm feeling a little guilty for not posting myself. Especially, since we just had Ellie's first Christmas, she's 9 months old already, and...drumroll....she's walking! Oh yeah, and she just got her 3rd tooth. So here's a little about what you've missed...

Christmas was really fun. Ellie actually had 2 first Christmases, since we celebrated with my mom and sisters the Sunday before, then went to Missouri to celebrate with Nick's family for Christmas. Ellie really just enjoyed making noises with the wrapping paper. She didn't care so much for what was inside, but next year, I know she'll get into it more! Now that she's home though, she's really enjoying all the fun things she got for Christmas. I think her favorite is the walker thing Nick's grandparents got her. It's helping her learn how to walk, and she is so proud of herself! I think she's caught on to the fact that I clap and cheer every time she takes a few steps. Now, she claps for herself after each step sometimes! It's so stinkin adorable.

Since I haven't uploaded any pictures from Christmas yet, I'll just include some from her recent play date with Asher. Actually, Asher's mom has so graciously babysat twice recently so I could go to my doctor's appointments without Ellie's helping hand :) Which reminds me, I haven't yet announced to the blogging world that...Ellie's going to be a big sister!! Coming July 3 (or before), we will be the proud parents of two babies! Yes, Ellie will still be a baby, basically. They'll be 15 months apart, and I'm so happy that they'll be so close in age! I know Ellie will be an amazing big sister. She already loves being around other babies and children, and she is super social! I know she'll be a good example for her little brother or sister.
As many of you know, we did not find out if Ellie was going to be a boy or girl, and I suspect we will wait again this time. Nick doesn't want to find out again (big surprise! it was his idea the first time), and honestly, I'm once again warming up to the idea of waiting until delivery time. Another surprise!

Well, it's now 9:05, which is officially past my bedtime. So until next time...which will probably be soon considering I get my piano from my Mom on Saturday, and I am BEYOND EXCITED about it!! Pretty much the best Christmas present ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment