They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and can I just say that this picture makes me so happy? And for two reasons. Let me explain...
So the more obvious reason why I love this picture so much is because Ellie is so happy cuddled up with her Daddy...and a Dr. Pepper (my 2 favorite things)! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to Nick and to have such a sweet baby girl. Nick has been so amazing to me over the past years that I've known him. I can't believe it's been that long already! Then 9 and a half months ago, he gave me the greatest little girl ever. We are so incredibly blessed. I am blessed to have them both.
And here's the not-so-obvious reason why this picture makes me smile... First, you must know that my Dad is the person who got me hooked on Dr. Pepper. You will never see my Dad without a Dr. Pepper bottle in his hand. Sometimes I think I don't even like it as much as I think I do; it's more of an emotional attachment to my Dad. When I was little, I always asked Dad for a sip of his Dr. Pepper, and I felt so special when he would let me have one! I know it's strange, but it was one way that I was connected to my Dad. When I could have a sip of his soda, I felt like I was on top of the world! So to see my little girl, curled up with her Daddy and a Dr. Pepper, it reminds me of when I was little...with my Daddy and a Dr. Pepper. Granted, I was several years older when I was drinking Dr. Pepper with my Dad :)
I love you, Dad! (and your Dr. Pepper, too haha)
Love always and forever, Your Tigger
Really sweet post, Amanda!
ReplyDelete-A.Bradsher