Saturday, May 28, 2011

catching up. part 1.

I'm well aware that it's been over 3 months since I last posted, and for that, I apologize. I'm going to attempt to make a few posts to "catch up" on our life over the past 3 months. I know that if I don't do attempt to recap now, it won't happen once we become a family of 4.

So this first "catch up" post is about Ellie's first birthday. We had a big party at Grandma K's house with Nick's family, my family, and friends. Here are a few highlights...

All of Ellie's living grandparents were there, which I think is most definitely a big deal, especially since only one of them lives in Memphis!
Ellie really enjoyed eating cake for the first time. I made a Minnie Mouse cake for her (it was quite large, since you can't tell by the picture). It was very stressful, but I guess it turned out okay. We kind of just decided on a Minnie theme... I have a personal attachment to Minnie since she was my childhood favorite. Since then, Ellie has become quite attached to Minnie as well :)
She made quite the show of it! Everyone was impressed with her skills :)We all had a great time. I was especially happy that my dad, Grandpa, was able to make it all the way from California. It was only the 2nd time Ellie had seen him, but they spent a lot of time together, and she grew very fond of him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment