First, a couple updates... We're in the process of planning Ellie's first birthday party, which is so fun! I think I'm more excited than anyone else involved, but I'm the mom, so it's okay! I'm already so excited about the cake. I'm making it myself, and I have had visions of this cake since we watched like 2 seasons of Cake Boss on Netflix. I want it to be perfect...or at least cute. I'll share photos after it's done.
Secondly, in case you were wondering, we found out the sex of the baby this time!! Nick gave in and let me find out. I wanted to sooo badly, so he let me do it! :) I am so grateful! And...we're having ANOTHER GIRL!! After we found out, Nick and I both said that neither one of us could see ourselves with a boy. We both "had a feeling" that it was a girl, which is not something that we typically do... "have a feeling," that is. I'm just really excited that Ellie gets to experience having a sister, like I did. Nick is closest with his brother, and I obviously am close with my sisters. I just really enjoy the memories of playing with Bitty Babies or American Girl dolls, and I'm excited Ellie gets to do that too, especially since they will be so close in age!
And finally, the Valentine's pictures...
And to explain the picture from the top, I don't make it a habit of feeding Ellie lots of sugar, but I gave her this wrapped sucker in hopes to pacify her during one of my piano lessons. Within seconds, she had unwrapped it and figured out that you put it in your mouth and suck on it! She's incredibly smart, so I let her keep it :)
And this was my gift for Ellie. I saw it in the store and thought it was a fun gift for a first Valentine's Day. It's one of those "pillow pets." And Grandma K loves ladybugs, so it kinda had Ellie's name written all over it. Last night, Nick was using it as a pillow on the floor...As soon as Ellie noticed, she stole it back from him. It became a battle of the ladybug. It went back and forth from underneath Nick's head, to in Ellie's arms while she gave it kisses.
And I can't forget to say that Ellie's first Valentine's card came from Grandma K with some cash for a new pretty dress! I can't wait to go shopping!!
No comments:
Post a Comment