Saturday, August 13, 2011

6 weeks and smiling!

  Our second sweet baby girl is 6 weeks old! I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks, but at the same time, it already feels so normal to have her around. Ellie continues to love her baby sister. She's still learning how to be gentle, but she tries so hard to love on Hazel as much as possible! It's so sweet! Ellie is even learning how to show some sympathy...If Hazel starts crying, Ellie looks at me with a pitiful look on her face and says, "awww!" It's pretty adorable. So here are some things that Hazel is doing at 6 weeks old...

  • She has slept 8 hours straight for 5 out of the last 7 nights! We are so excited and truly blessed to have yet another sleeper!! Ellie just teased us with sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, but I'm starting to see a trend that will hopefully continue with Hazel. This will also (hopefully) mean Hazel can join Ellie in their room at bedtime soon!!
  • She is a wiggler!! I'm pretty sure she will roll over pretty soon. In the picture on the right, she started out with her head at the top of the blanket, and she was fully clothed. She scooted her way all the way down! I've also found her on her stomach when I know I left her on her resting on her side/back.
  • She eats on a very regular schedule with 4 oz. of formula every 3 hours, except overnight.
  • She started smiling this week! Nick and I just stood over her this morning, just talking to her...and she was just watching us and smiling! I think she's going to have cute little dimples :)
  • She is already attached to a "lovey." Great-Grandma Hempelmann (Nick's mom's mom) got Hazel this bunny/blanket when we were in Missouri a couple weeks ago. Hazel is frequently found with a tight grasp on her bunny (pictured below). It also quickly calms her down when she's upset...Well, that, and her paci! (Just like big sister)



    No comments:

    Post a Comment