Monday, April 12, 2010

unbelievably amazing...

March 22, 2010, at 7:02 PM, our lives changed forever, and it is the best change I've experienced in quite some time...possibly ever. Having a baby truly does change everything. It changes the way I see my husband, how I love my husband, how he loves me, how we love our new baby girl, and how I love God. God has changed our lives through the life of our sweet little Elizabeth "Ellie" Louise.
So the boring stuff first...it was a pretty normal delivery. The nurses and my doctor were actually impressed with how much I seemed like a "pro," although I'm not sure how that's possible considering I've never done it before. Waiting to find out if we had a boy or girl was the best decision we made. It really was fun to find out after a long day of waiting, knowing the baby was on her way :) It was even more fun making Nick's parents wait until Baby Ellie came back into the room to find out she was a girl! Ellie was upstairs getting cleaned up when Nick's parents arrived from Missouri, and we made them wait until Ellie got back before we told them she was a girl...it was a long hour! Anyways, it wasn't real until we got home with her that we're parents, and we'll have Ellie with us from now on! How exciting!


Now on to how our lives truly changed that night... My relationship with Nick is different, but so much better! I didn't really expect it to change so drastically and quickly, but I feel like it has. Seeing him with our baby is the best feeling ever. He's already such a great dad! It's hard to describe how our relationship has changed. I guess it's because there is another dimension to our relationship, so there is another dimension to our love. There's more to care about, more to love.


Today, our sweet baby girl is 3 weeks old (which is nuts, by the way). She is already growing and changing so much every day! She loves to cuddle, which makes us both so happy. We're convinced babies know exactly what's going on, and it is possible for them to smile. Ellie smiles a lot...it's often followed by a frown, but she's just figuring everything out, so it's okay! She has a beautiful smile! Life hasn't changed a whole lot for us; we just have another person enjoying life with us...We only missed one week of church through all of this; we went to the zoo last week for the first time as a family; we have been to community group each week; we go on walks to the store or around the block... Ellie does great living life with us so far :)


So Nick (Daddy) went back to work today after being off for three wonderful weeks with us. We miss him...a lot, but we look forward to this summer when we will all three be together all day, every day. We look forward to living life with Ellie from now on. We are so thankful for her and what she has already given to us by being here with us. God has truly blessed us with the best thing...a beautiful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment