I'll start with a story, then explain... Last night, Nick had to host the induction ceremony for a math honors society at his school. I helped set up all the food for the reception afterwards, and there was a lot of food left over at the end. Naturally, I'm trying to send all the cookies, chips, and soda home with the high school boys that helped clean up afterwards. No one would take the cookies! Surprising, right? Well, one of the boys told me that I could just eat them, and I told him that I shouldn't eat that many cookies. His response...I'm a new mom, no one would say anything if I did eat that many cookies. So apparently I get a free pass to eat whatever I want, since I'm a new mom.
Back up about a month or so... whenever I would comment on trying not eating junk food all the time during my pregnancy, people would always tell me it's okay...after all, I'm eating for two! I hate that idea! During pregnancy, you're really only supposed to eat an extra 300-600 calories each day, and it should probably be healthy, right? And now that I'm not pregnant anymore, I'm trying to lose weight, like most new moms. Granted, I have quite a head start on that since I was sick most of my pregnancy and didn't gain that much weight. Regardless, I don't think being a new mom gives me a free pass to eat junk food all the time. This doesn't mean I don't want to...I never craved anything when I was pregnant, but now I'm craving chocolate like crazy!! So please, if you catch me downing a chocolate candy bar, please stop me! Just because I'm a new mom does not mean it's okay!
You can remain healthy. Try drinking a cup of two of hot chocolate each day. It may satisfy your chocolate craving, has plenty of calcium, and is not full of fat! I like the swiss miss marshmallow lovers packets because it seems just right for me.
ReplyDelete