Saturday, May 8, 2010

24 years and 6 weeks

So this is a big week for the Unnerstall household. Monday, Ellie was 6 weeks old. Friday, I turned 24 years old. And tomorrow is my first Mother's Day! This week has been so much fun as Ellie has developed more personality. She's awake more during the day, especially the late afternoon/early evening. One of my favorite things is watching Nick lay on the living room floor with her. The other day, you could tell she was trying so hard to roll over towards her Daddy. She even had her arm wrapped around his as they laid there together. SO cute! She is also most definitely trying to "find her voice," as a baby development chart calls it. She makes lots of different kinds of noises other than crying, which is fun and entertaining.

As I mentioned, yesterday was my birthday. Nick and I wanted to spend some quality time together, and since Ellie is over 6 weeks old now, we figured it was time for her to spend some quality time with Grandma K (my mom). It was a very hard decision whether to just leave her there for a few hours, or to let her have a sleepover. In the end, Grandma K's secret wish to have a sleepover was fulfilled! It was really nice to have the quality time with Nick, but it was hard to leave her for so long. I realized last night that it had been a while since Nick and I had held hands...Usually, one of us is holding a baby, carrying the car seat, or pushing a stroller...this makes it kind of difficult to hold hands. I enjoyed being able to hold his hand last night...quite a bit! We ate dinner at home, went shopping for Ellie, and got ice cream at Cold Stone. Then this morning, we had breakfast with friends (Sarah and Joseph, who are great by the way) and then we all went to the farmers' market. My favorite part of the morning, however, was the fact that I got to ride on the Vespa! I was probably 4 months pregnant last time I rode on it. I was getting too big, and it made me nervous at that point. And now we can only do it when we are Ellie-less. It really was the perfect morning with my husband! But we were both glad to get Ellie back. She did have a great time with Grandma K though. Apparently she was smiling and laughing a lot :) Did I mention that she started smiling this week? It is SO sweet. It's always the best when she smiles because we pick her up or play with her. She's finally starting to interact with us!

Anyways, this has been really long, but I feel like a lot happened this week! I probably forgot a lot too, but I remembered the important things...

1 comment:

  1. I love this Amanda... very sweet. Glad you and Nick had some "date" time!

    ReplyDelete