Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First trip to Missouri

So it's been a while since my last post. Mostly because Nick is now home for the summer, and we've been enjoying hanging out as a family! So there's lots to catch up on...

We took our first trip out of town so Ellie could meet more of her Missouri family. That was so much fun! Ellie met great-grandparents, an uncle, aunts, great-aunts, great-uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, and old friends. It was a busy but really great trip~ I think my favorite part of the trip--and if I can speak for Ellie, her favorite part too-- was getting to hang out at Nick's brother's house. This is why...Ellie's almost-5-year-old cousin Iris became obsessed with baby Ellie. The entire time we were there, about 3 days, Iris just sat next to Ellie and watched her. It was adorable! Iris helped pick out Ellie's clothes, gave us a ponytail holder to give Ellie her first ponytail, and loved on her so much. Ellie just smiled and smiled every time Iris came close! I can't wait until they're a little older...they will be best friends!


We also went to a Cardinal's game while we were there! It was my first and obviously Ellie's first, too! It was so much fun! :) Nick and I have spent the past two summers at the Redbirds stadium in Memphis, so it was really fun to finally get to see a "big league" game!

Now we are home and enjoying some stress-free time as a family. Ellie is 11 weeks old now, which is crazy! She's starting to learn how to roll over. Well, she's trying really hard, that is! She will pull her arms around, then her legs, but never at the same time yet. I guess she's just not coordinated enough yet, but soon! She also loves sitting up all the time. She can't do it on her own yet, but with a little help, she's sitting up just fine! I think our little Ellie is going to be pretty independent. She loves cuddling and being held by mommy and daddy, but she also needs her alone time. She's a lot like me...I love cuddling and being close to Nick, but everybody needs some quiet time too. I can't wait to see how she continues to grow into her own personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment