Saturday, June 19, 2010

3 years and 3 months

This past week, Nick and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary, which is crazy to think about! In a way, it doesn't seem like it's already been 3 years, but then again...we do have an almost-3-month-old daughter! Our relationship has changed so much in the past three years. I almost feel like the past 3 months have been full of more change than most of the past 3 years altogether. Having a child has forced us to grow so much both individually and as a couple. We are working together toward a new purpose...we have a family! It's such a wonderful feeling. And I see a whole new side of my husband that I'd never seen before...when I see him with his daughter. He is so in love with her, and it makes me love him even more.

So on our actual anniversary, which was this past Wednesday, June 16, we cooked dinner at home. Ellie actually slept through our entire dinner, so it was just the two of us. Nick made homemade bread, which is a new endeavor of his, and it was wonderful! I think it was the second time we have eaten dinner at the dining room table since Ellie was born.
My mom (Grandma K) was amazing to give us money to go out to dinner yesterday and celebrate. She also volunteered to babysit, of course! So Ellie spent the night with Grandma K while we went to Collierville for a night out. It was so nice to get away from the "big city" for a night and return to some familiar places where I grew up. We had dinner at Red Robin, then went to the town square for chocolate malts at Mensi's Dairy Bar, listened to bluegrass bands play on the square, and finally to the movies to see Robin Hood.

We really enjoyed just walking around together, holding hands, dinner & a movie...almost like when we were dating over 3 years ago. The funny thing is, we both decided that parts of the evening would have been better with Ellie! She is such a part of our life now that it's weird--almost abnormal-- to be Ellie-less, even though we've only had her for 3 short months. We are a family now, after 3 years of marriage. What a great time it has been so far! I can't wait to see how much more we change and grow as our family changes.

Oh, and Happy Father's Day, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment