So I didn't mention my dad's visit to Memphis a few weeks ago. I must mention it, as it was such an amazing and special time! It had been a year and a half since I'd seen Dad, so it was great to see him. It was even more special, though, for him to be able to meet Ellie. She is his first grandchild! Even though he was hoping for a boy, I think he is so happy that she is a girl. It seemed like Dad was completely enamored with Ellie. When he would hold her, he just stared at her and smiled. It almost made me cry just watching him with her. I obviously don't remember what Dad was like with me when I was a baby, but I'd like to think it was like this....so sweet! I love my Dad so much, and I miss him. Hopefully we will be able to take a trip out to Cali next summer to visit! Seeing how much he loves Ellie reminds me of how much I love him. I can't wait for her to love her Grandpa too. I know she will!!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
the dads in my life
So I didn't mention my dad's visit to Memphis a few weeks ago. I must mention it, as it was such an amazing and special time! It had been a year and a half since I'd seen Dad, so it was great to see him. It was even more special, though, for him to be able to meet Ellie. She is his first grandchild! Even though he was hoping for a boy, I think he is so happy that she is a girl. It seemed like Dad was completely enamored with Ellie. When he would hold her, he just stared at her and smiled. It almost made me cry just watching him with her. I obviously don't remember what Dad was like with me when I was a baby, but I'd like to think it was like this....so sweet! I love my Dad so much, and I miss him. Hopefully we will be able to take a trip out to Cali next summer to visit! Seeing how much he loves Ellie reminds me of how much I love him. I can't wait for her to love her Grandpa too. I know she will!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment